Problems

ACalcutt
Vistumbler / TechIdiots Admin
Vistumbler / TechIdiots Admin

Problems

Post by ACalcutt »

January and Feburary havent been good months for this site in stability. This has maily been due to upgrades on our server.

The last few days we had downtime due to a new powervault drive array (replacing a hacked off hotswap bay from and old compaq server that was only allowing us to get 40MB/s ultra2 speeds). This upgrade went well it seems

Then we started having a weird issue with our ESX host's virtual switch. The virtual switch seems to stop working. I fixed this last night but it seemed to have happened again today (from what my friend said...i didn't notice...i was able to get to the site). I think it may be related to a network bond my friend set up to the virtual switch, but this is just a guess at the moment.

I am really hoping I can start keeping my uptime constant again...these last two months havent been going good.

One benefit of this downtime is we finally have all our servers off scsi 160 drives :yes: and we actually have some space. The VMware host will be next to be upraded to 320 drives (in other words more planned downtime once we get the drives :sniffle: )