Happy Holidays!

arizonajon
Contributor
Contributor

Happy Holidays!

Post by arizonajon »

Hey Andrew -

Thanks so much for creating and continuing to develop and improve Vistumbler and the WiFiDB. I try to run the s/w anytime I leave the house in the truck. While I had that portable setup using a Winbook a few years back, the arrangement became problematic and kinda got set aside. I think the main problem was the Winbook, it was underpowered and the way I had it set up the battery didn't last very long while running itself and providing power for the Wi-Fi and GPS units.

The new map feature in the WiFiDB is pretty nice. Much faster than GE. I do like, however, the GE live "newest AP" function, and when I upload a set of logs, it's nice to see the APs appear as they're digested. The GE map detail is just so much better than the ESRI/Open Street Maps, and I think I said before that there may be a bug in the way that appears in my browser.

I hope 2019 proves healthy and prosperous for your and yours!

Cheers and 73 - Jon N7UV
ACalcutt
Vistumbler / TechIdiots Admin
Vistumbler / TechIdiots Admin

Re: Happy Holidays!

Post by ACalcutt »

Hi Jon,

Hope you had a great Holiday and New Year.

I saw this post today and saw your comment about the following the latest AP. This has been a feature I have wanted in the new wifidb map, I just hadn't done it yet. Today I tried to put it in place, though i haven't seen it move to another spot yet...

There is now a button under the map labeled "Follow Latest AP" that when clicked should center the map to the latest AP. I also added a button "Show/Hide latest", which shows the AP name and color circle. Right now it is updated every 2.5 seconds. I am still testing to see if it moves like it should.

As I mentioned in the other post, the open street map basemap has been updated to a custom made one which has much better road detail.