Emulator not working in win 8.1

powerofp

Post by powerofp »

Hello,

Firstly I want to thank techidiots team, by using their help on emulating hasp hl pro dongle i was successfully able to generate working virtual multikey. This was working well in Xp & win 7 but it is not working in win 8.1. Drivers given in tools zip (v5.20) does not install on 8.1 due to compatibility issue and when I install latest driver from safenet, it gives code 10 for same. Can u help in this.

Thanks in advance....
ACalcutt
Vistumbler / TechIdiots Admin

Post by ACalcutt »

I haven't tried installing in 8.1 since I set mine up inside a virtual machine with Server 2008 r2 and never attempted to upgrade.

Did you make sure to turn of driver signing enforcement in 8.1 when using that old driver?
powerofp

Post by powerofp »

Hi ACalcutt,

thanks for reply, yes I did turn off driver signing enforcement in 8.1 when using that old driver before installation. I also tried the option of signing drivers in test mode & then install, but still it was showing drivers are not compatible while installing. I tried both 5.20 as well as 5.22.
ACalcutt

Post by ACalcutt »

Unfortunately if that old driver doesn't work anymore I'm not sure if you will get it working. When I set my emulated dongle up if found it didn't work with the newer version of the driver (if I remember right they added some type of security).

Like I mentioned I just set mine up in a virtual machine wih an OS i know works. I'm not sure if something like that would work for you too, but it may be an option (there's lots of free virtualization solutions out there)

EDIT: On the old driver is the installer just giving you are error or are the drivers actually failing after being installed? it may be possible to extract the drivers from the installer or a working machine.
powerofp

Post by powerofp »

Hi ACalcutt,

Thanks for reply.

No the drivers are installation does not complete. it says drivers are not compatible/ driver installation failed.

I have not tried it on virtual machine as my knowledge in that is of novice. May be you can guide me on how to do it, I will definitely try it on my end.
ACalcutt

Post by ACalcutt »

What if you try to use something like "Double Driver" to backup the drivers off your old machine and import them into the new one http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details ... river.html
HP3

Post by HP3 »

Hello "powerofp" tea can help if you have the original dongle you can make a new copy and change settings to work with new drivers...