Duplicated List

ACalcutt
Vistumbler / TechIdiots Admin

Re: Duplicated List

Post by ACalcutt »

Thats strange....thats doesn't seem to happen to me. GPS data is not one of the fiels i use when checking if a AP exists

Code: Select all

For $listval = 1 To $DataArray_BSSID[0];Scan though current Mac Adresses
		$addposition = -1
		For $tmplistval = 1 To $TmpArray_BSSID[0];Scan Through New Mac Adrees
			$newdata = 1
			If $DataArray_BSSID[$listval] = $TmpArray_BSSID[$tmplistval] Then; If New Mac Address is already found, check if this is the same access point
				If $DataArray_SSID[$listval] = $TmpArray_SSID[$tmplistval] And _
						$DataArray_Auth[$listval] = $TmpArray_Auth[$tmplistval] And _
						$DataArray_Encr[$listval] = $TmpArray_Encr[$tmplistval] And _
						$DataArray_Chan[$listval] = $TmpArray_Chan[$tmplistval] And _
						$DataArray_NetType[$listval] = $TmpArray_NetType[$tmplistval] Then ; If Other information is the same, update data

ACalcutt

Post by ACalcutt »

I think it may be netsh. If netsh were to have a duplicate of the access point (on the same scan) it would add a second entry
ACalcutt

Post by ACalcutt »

gigabernie wrote:The netsh output reports 2 BSSIDs for each AP. I uploaded the scan & netsh results to [Share Code]. I think this happens if one uses different USB ports for the stick... then two instances of the NIC exist. I don't think it should be a problem for you to catch this in your program?
I have noticed duplicate entries from netsh and I only have one card. the way I am parsing netsh right now allows these duplicates in if they are in the same scan. I will work on fixing this in the future. I can correct for the output of netsh by checking if the AP is already in the temp array
gigabernie wrote:BTW: I had a friend here yesterday using Netstumbler on his XP-Laptop. I felt like I'm back in the Stone Age, when I looked at the options of Netstumbler...and he got big eyes when I showed him your fine program.
Bernie
I find that funny....because for the longest time I was trying to make my program more like netstumbler :-)
gigabernie wrote:Your code:
=>If New Mac Address is already found, check if this is the same access point
Isn't this an overkill? How many people fake AP MACs? And if, how likely is it, that this happens in a close vicinity?
Just a thought...
I have seen APs with the same mac address and different SSIDs...or the same SSID but different types of encrytion.... I think this happens sometimes when a AP has virtual SSIDs

Or, If data changes, I want a new entry, I don't want to overwrite the old one
ACalcutt

Post by ACalcutt »

gigabernie wrote:I have to admit, there is still one single thing in Netstumbler, that I'd like to see in Vistumbler-> the option to choose the format how GPS-data is displayed. I see that you already convert the incoming data anyway...
The way you display the data is really hard to use in a route planer, since one has to convert it first to DD-MM-SS
I will also work on that in the future...i just need to figure out how i want to implement it. But it will get in the program for you
gigabernie wrote: Yeah ok. I guess, I look at Vistumbler too much from the wardriving point-of-view. But you're right by being as accurate as possible.
I mainly look at in from the war driving point of view also... but I also may use it to troubleshoot in the field either in my job or on my own