Ad-Aware Blocking Instalation, Says Virus.

PicAFlic

Ad-Aware Blocking Instalation, Says Virus.

Post by PicAFlic »

Hello, I just wanted to bring to your attention that Ad-Aware's Process Unit says that Vistumbler has a "Win32.Backdoor.Hupigon" attached to it. Now, I'm assuming (and hoping) this is a false statement. So, I just wanted to let you know so no one gets the wrong idea about the program.
tqis

Re: Ad-Aware Blocking Instalation, Says Virus.

Post by tqis »

PicAFlic wrote:Hello, I just wanted to bring to your attention that Ad-Aware's Process Unit says that Vistumbler has a "Win32.Backdoor.Hupigon" attached to it. Now, I'm assuming (and hoping) this is a false statement. So, I just wanted to let you know so no one gets the wrong idea about the program.
Hi,
Just to confirm that ESET 4.2.58 picks up the ViStumbler V10 Uninstall.exe as a virus, as per error report below:

21/08/2010 11:09:19 PM Real-time file system protection file C:\Program Files (x86)\Vistumbler\uninstall.exe probably a variant of Win32/Hupigon.HZLFQLN trojan cleaned by deleting - quarantined.
Event occurred on a new file created by the application: C:\Utilities\Network\Vistumbler_v10.exe.

Is this a real virus or a false positive?
Thanks
ACalcutt
Vistumbler / TechIdiots Admin

Post by ACalcutt »

I'll check it out... these av companies are really a pain.

Uninstall.exe is something created by the installer. You could try the zip version since it would not have uninstall.exe
ACalcutt

Post by ACalcutt »

I've emailed ESET and submitted the file to ad-aware. as far as I know at this point this is just another false positive. The file being flaged is created by CreateInstall Free
RoninV

Post by RoninV »

Just to add to the inquiry, after scanning a pc with Emsisoft, Vistumbler\uninstall.exe was flagged with the Backdoor.Win32.Hupigon.mact!A2.
R4t4n

Post by R4t4n »

I’m not quite sure if this is a false positive, but my antivirus has detected it. I have also tried to figure this out because it’s really a big harm if my unit will be infected. I tried to report it to AV customer care but I haven’t received yet any response about this.