Error during import - daemon died

latebra

Error during import - daemon died

Post by latebra »

I found an error during the import.

I think the problem is the SSID "\\oo//" which killed the daemon:

John
My Hardware: Asus Eee PC 1008PE, Windows 7 Starter, iBlue 747 GPS logger connected over Sitecom CN-516 bluetooth adapter
ACalcutt
Vistumbler / TechIdiots Admin

Re: Error during import - daemon died

Post by ACalcutt »

I let Phil know, but it's his birthday today so I'm sure he's being lazy ;-)

I was looking at the file you imported an noticed something strange. All your APs marked Open/None (Offen/Keine) were marked as Secure (Security Type 3). I checked my code and the german langauge file and it doesn't seem like it should do that. I set my language to german an imported your file and it corrected Offen/Keine APs to be marked as Open (Security Type 1)

The only thing I could think of that would cause this was that your aren't using the german language pack and set your searchwords manually. Is this how your vistumbler is set up? Are your Open and None searchwords set to Offen/Keine?
pferland
Contributor
Contributor

Post by pferland »

Hi Latebr, sorry about the late response. As Andrew said it was my birthday on Saturday so I was being extra lazy over the weekend. I did take a look at the issue, and it was with the double slashes. Made some changes to the code and got it to create a table on my test server, but for some reason its only showing one of the backslashes. I'm still looking into that, hopefully I should have it fixed by the end of the day or later on tonight.

-Phil
The best acceleration you can get on a Mac is 9.8ms^2
latebra

Post by latebra »

Hello Phil,

Belated best wishes on your birthday!

I think the problem may be the double '\\'. Often a '\' must be escaped with a trailing '\', so '\\' is diplayed as '\'.
Maybe also related to the difference between single and double quotes.

Just as guess, as you code is written in PHP :wink:

I'll try later, when the imports works again. Before I have to check a problem with my VS1 export, as Andrew found an issue.

--
John
ACalcutt

Post by ACalcutt »

The security type problem won't be much of an issue. Once Phil figures out the import problem we already have a script that fixes german open access points ( http://vistumbler.svn.sourceforge.net/v ... iew=markup )
pferland
Contributor
Contributor

Post by pferland »

Latebra,
I should have probably mentioned this earlier, I have to do a lot more work to the database then I thought. The production database is not going to be able to support \\'s until I rework the database a little bit. I can't move the alterations over to production without doing an upgrade to the code base. So for the time being I'm just manually removing the APs that have \\'s in them when the daemon crashes and will add them back in after I have fully patched the code and upgraded the production server with the new release.
:oops:

-Phil

Other then that, keep kicking ass in gathering those access points.
The best acceleration you can get on a Mac is 9.8ms^2