Argh!

mysticvirgo67
Mad Poster / Moderator / Promoter

Argh!

Post by mysticvirgo67 »

Started getting the blacktext on black background bug again. This is terribly annoying. Will reinstall stumbler again next couple of days. I am not exactly sure of the circumstances that started this bug because my realtek was being stubborn at the time and I was more focused on that. (was a USB connector vibrated loose)
"People don't need restore. They just need recovery...and the occasional hard boot"
"The maximum acceleration of a PC is limited only by the amount of explosives used"
ACalcutt
Vistumbler / TechIdiots Admin

Re: Argh!

Post by ACalcutt »

like i said before, no need to re-install. just delete VistumblerDIR\Settings\vistumbler_settings.ini and it will recreate the settings file.

Still not sure what cause that randomly...i haven't had it happen in a really long time
mysticvirgo67

Post by mysticvirgo67 »

I havebt seen it in a long while either.
"People don't need restore. They just need recovery...and the occasional hard boot"
"The maximum acceleration of a PC is limited only by the amount of explosives used"
Sxandy

Post by Sxandy »

Yea that worked good thing I asked or I would never have found that. Any idea if that can be set to do that on update without peeving people? Somehow its done that through at least 2 beta releases.
Scarlett
ACalcutt

Post by ACalcutt »

I usually try to preserve the settings.ini unless there is a change that will break something. I sometimes will push out an update to settings.ini, but that is rare. I usually don't want to remove peoples settings on them.

When does this seem to happen for you? Is it during updates or after going into the settings screen? Are you updating through vistumbler menu or through automatic updates? do you have multiple instances of vistumbler open?