GPS Strings

Iamgettingtiredofthis

GPS Strings

Post by Iamgettingtiredofthis »

Version 7.3 It looks like you are trying to read a GPS string of GPGMC when it should be GPRMC.

This is in the GPS Details window and in main window where it says Seconds since update.

StephenACS
ACalcutt
Vistumbler / TechIdiots Admin

Post by ACalcutt »

I was wondering why that stopped working. I though it was because I switched my GPS. I'll fix it.

btw...don't you already have another forum account? I kind of take offence to this new name if it is directed toward my program. This program was created for my use because I was sick of not having netstumbler in vista. I have shared it with the community for free and made it open source. If you don't like something it can be changed or you can use something else.

Thank you for the bug report, but your forum name hit me the wrong way

-Andrew
ACalcutt

Post by ACalcutt »

That was not the problem. When i split the string I was using GPRMC. It was just mislabled in the program. I was already looking into this and I think i found what the issue is. To make the program less prone to bad data I specified the lenth of the array. On my other GPS the string made an array 13 in size.... but the new results from this GPS is only 12 in size. Unfortunatly i lost my old GPS so i can't test if 13 was a mistake. Right now I will just make it so 12 or 13 sized array is acceptable.
ACalcutt

Post by ACalcutt »

I don't have a gps right now so this is untested, but see if this fixes your problem
Iamgettingtiredofthis

Post by Iamgettingtiredofthis »

I am having problems signing in with my StephenACS account. So I after 30 minutes, I created anotherone that i was sure would not be taken.

If I can get back in with my old account, I will use that one.

The user name was just a product of my day, sorry.

StephenACS
ACalcutt

Post by ACalcutt »

Thats fine...i just took it the wrong way...sorry

I took it as an insult to my program...I also had a bad day :-)

-Andrew