V9.4 issues

mysticvirgo67
Mad Poster / Moderator / Promoter

V9.4 issues

Post by mysticvirgo67 »

Upgraded to 9.4 today and I was less than impressed.
I am running on an HP530 with Vista Home with 1.7GHz proccessor and 1gb memory.

Issues seem to be around excessive processor load. Umm... Ap list will lock up and not update.. chart background will turn black, AP and GPS buttons hang up and auto KML would sieze. I used the task manager and removed as many background apps and processes as was allowed with no improvement.
Processor load fluctuates between 98 and 100% usage with a mere 11-25% memory load. Symptoms are especially bad when running alongside google earth.

9.4 needs work to refine code to reduce processor load or a nice notice recommending 2.0Ghz or better processor.

9.3 is more stable though still a little tight on my particular system as far as processor load.. but bearable and usable.

Other than that, looks pretty good so far. Appreciate the added filtration options.
"People don't need restore. They just need recovery...and the occasional hard boot"
"The maximum acceleration of a PC is limited only by the amount of explosives used"
ACalcutt
Vistumbler / TechIdiots Admin

Re: V9.4 issues

Post by ACalcutt »

Do you mean V9.6 Beta 7? did you do the update after installing 9.4?

With AutoKML on it is definitely a CPU intensive process (Even on my 2.5gz dual core is see 90% and above cpu ussage). Unfortunatly most of the slowness is because of the AutoIT scripting language Vistumbler is written in (Loops take a long time and are cpu intensive - http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index ... opic=96330)

Vistumbler.exe itself should not be able to use all your cpu, but with autokml running vistumbler Uses Export.exe to create kml files(So it does not interrupt scanning). There could be up to 3 Exports.exe's running at once. So i can imagine if you are using a 1.7ghz (single core?) that it would use all of your cpu.

Not much has changed since 9.3, alot of small changes, addition of signal mapping, addition of millisecond to timestamps. nothing that should add cpu load that I can see in the changes (http://vistumbler.svn.sourceforge.net/v ... 304&r2=391), but I will keep my eye out
mysticvirgo67

Post by mysticvirgo67 »

Good deal then, 'Drew... As long as you know the issue exists... yes I was running with autokml... which definatly makes MUCH worse. I find myself wishing I was a coder, then perhaps I could find more elegant ways to do what you have done. Best I can do is keep testing and reporting back to you..
"People don't need restore. They just need recovery...and the occasional hard boot"
"The maximum acceleration of a PC is limited only by the amount of explosives used"
mp37

Post by mp37 »

Hi Andrew,
I've noticed a few errors with the export to NS1.

The date format on line 4 is :

# $DateGMT: 02-2009-07

when Net stumbler expects

# $DateGMT: 2009-07-02

Also the time recorded for the APs is exported as:

20:23:14.657 (GMT)

when Net stumbler expects

20:23:14 (GMT)

Hope this is some use to you.

Great software :)

Cheers

Mick
ACalcutt

Post by ACalcutt »

@mp37
NS1 export should now be fixed (v9.6 Beta 8.2)
mp37

Post by mp37 »

works a treat

cheers

Mick