Pop-up Windows in Vista

Freebe
DIY Contributor
DIY Contributor

Pop-up Windows in Vista

Post by Freebe »

OK as stated i have a Problem with Vista (32) bit
Seems that the new Ver . ( 9.0_Beta1 ) on my Vista is giving me Problems
The Ver ( 8.1 ) never give me this Problem. Some thing changed ? for shure. but what ?
Seems not all have this Problem ( or not ) told of it.
Problem is i can't get rid of the Microsoft window. It always stays in front of the Vistumbler Programm, and it should after a few times disapear.
Also i have a difference in the Signal ( % ) from Vistumbler to that in the Window from Realtek. Not just the ( % ) but the amount of AP(s) found. ?
ie. 18 AP(s) in the Vistumbler window and only 10 in the Realtek window. Why this is i don't know.

Freebe
ACalcutt
Vistumbler / TechIdiots Admin

Re: Pop-up Windows in Vista

Post by ACalcutt »

When you used 8.1 did you use the network refresher (it was in Extra --> Start refreshing networks). I put it on by default in 9.0 beta, but it needed to be turned on in 8.1
Freebe
DIY Contributor
DIY Contributor

Post by Freebe »

OK. will check it out. and give you feedback
Freebe
DIY Contributor
DIY Contributor

Post by Freebe »

OK. I found that and set it to OFF now i don't get the window anymore ( Thats OK. for me ) What i don't understand is that the window disapears on your PC and stays infront on mine. But there are a lot of things that i don't understand :oops:
I will call it up fron the Icon botton right if i need it.
ACalcutt

Post by ACalcutt »

So if you leave that "Connect to" window open and then click the vistumbler window the connect to window is coming back to the front? (closing it will always make it come to the front again)

Basically what my program does is first checks if the vistumbler window is open. If it is open it refreshes the network and is supposed to bring the vistumbler window back to the front.

This is the code behind that function

Code: Select all

Func _RefreshNetworks();Automates clicking the refresh button on the windows 'connect to' window
	If $Debug = 1 Then GUICtrlSetData($debugdisplay, '_RefreshNetworks()') ;#Debug Display
	If WinActive($Vistumbler) Then
		$ActivateVistumbler = 1
	Else
		$ActivateVistumbler = 0
	EndIf
	If $Scan = 1 And $RefreshNetworks = 1 Then
		If TimerDiff($RefreshTimer) >= $RefreshTime Then
			If WinExists($Text_ConnectToWindowName) = 0 Then
				Run("RunDll32.exe van.dll,RunVAN")
				$RefreshWindowOpened = 1
			EndIf
			ControlClick($Text_ConnectToWindowName, "", $ConnectToButton)
			$RefreshTimer = TimerInit()
		EndIf
		If WinActive($Text_ConnectToWindowName) And BitOR($ActivateVistumbler, $RefreshWindowOpened) Then
			WinActivate($Vistumbler)
			$RefreshWindowOpened = 0
		EndIf
	EndIf
EndFunc   ;==>_RefreshNetworks
If i would have to guess the problem lies here

Code: Select all

If WinActive($Text_ConnectToWindowName) And BitOR($ActivateVistumbler, $RefreshWindowOpened) Then
When it tries to bring vistumbler back to the front it first check if the "Connect to" window is open. If your language pack does not have the correct "Connect to" window name then it will not try to bring vistumbler back to the front. (see here for a description of the ConnectToWindowName setting http://forum.techidiots.net/forum/viewt ... &t=78#p214 )

To fix this you will need to modify the language pack file and put the proper ConnectToWindowName in there. It is under the [GuiText] category. (then reload the language file)
ACalcutt

Post by ACalcutt »

What language is your version of vista?
ACalcutt

Post by ACalcutt »

actually i just found a bug. when a language pack is loaded it was not changing the ConnectToWindowName. It was staying the English translation no matter what.

I will fix that in the next release. untill then you can try to change it in (Options --> Auto Save / Auto Sort --> "Connect to" window name)
Freebe
DIY Contributor
DIY Contributor

Post by Freebe »

OK, Thanks for the reply on this one. Have it running stable now and call it wheni wan't it.
Using the Vistumbler is getting better all the time. :D
Would be nice to see the in-use line in color :wink: but that i must put in the correct box, and not here.

Thanks Freebe.
Guido

Post by Guido »

I also constantly get this network popup in Dutch version of Vista premium.
Only way to stop this popup is by stop scanning with vistumbler.
ACalcutt

Post by ACalcutt »

You are using the dutch language pack right?

You can also turn off the network refresher (Options --> Auto Refresh Networks) (Opties --> Refreshing Networks) to stop the window from poping up

The reason the network popup is showing up is because the window text must be wrong in the dutch language pack. you can change this text in the settings (Insellingen --> Automatisch opslaan / Automatisch sorteren --> "Verbinden met" venster titel). The text should match the text at the top of the connect to window.
If you find that the text is incorrect, please let me know what it should be