Vistumbler v10.3

gAlAX-e
Contributor
Contributor

Vistumbler v10.3

Post by gAlAX-e »

Hello,

luckyly i can say i found no serious bugs, so that means you did a good job :D
I only found those 4 unimportant things and thought you might be interessted anyway.

Code: Select all

Menu: Interface -> Refresh Interfaces
Everytime i click it, it adds another entry of my WLAN card in that list. The program seems to be working fine tho.

Path to google earth:
Per default it showed a wrong folder. Maybe it is possible to get the path from the registry ? It's not really a bug, but would be nice if it would be autoconfigured :D

My translation "EnableCamTriggerScript=Kamera trigger script aktivieren" is not showing the german translation, but the english one.
I am almost sure i saw the german translation, while i worked on it and opened and closed Vistumbler very often.
However, now it only shows the english version, no idea what is going on there. I'm sure you will find out.
I'll attach a screenshot, so you can see what still is in english.

Menu: View -> Filter -> Add/Remove Filters
Click Button "Add Filter"
In the window that opened, top right we have "Filter description".
There is no string to translate it.
Also the Title of the window can't be translated, no string for that either.
I'll also attach a screenshot here.
Thanks for sharing this nice program with us for free :D
Attachments
add-edit-filter.jpg
add-edit-filter.jpg (46.05 KiB) Viewed 15270 times
camera.jpg
camera.jpg (11.76 KiB) Viewed 15270 times
gAlAX-e

[ Running Vistumbler v10.4b3 on Vista (32bit) with a Atheros AR5007EG ]
ACalcutt
Vistumbler / TechIdiots Admin

Re: Vistumbler v10.3

Post by ACalcutt »

All the things you listed should be fixed in Vistumbler v10.4 Beta 2 (available through automatic update if you have beta updates turned on)

1.) Fixed issue refreshing interfaces. This was caused by the existing menu item not being removed properly in native wifi mode
2.) If Google earth is installed the googleearth.exe path will be pulled from the registry. If the user manually changes the value it will use that instead.
3.)Fixed missing camera trigger translations. The one you mention was hard coded to english. I have fixed the text you mentioned (and a few more) to be changeable by the language file
4.)Added missing filter translations. These were also hard coded to english. I have fixed the text you mentioned (and a few more) to be changeable by the language file. (*note there may be some unfinished changes in the filter gui, I am in the process of adding a RSSI filter)
gAlAX-e
Contributor
Contributor

Post by gAlAX-e »

Hey,

good job, thank you :)

about 2.)

I am running Vistumbler on Vista 32 bit and the default path was set to something like "program files (x86)", while my standard folder is "program files".
So something doesn't work correctly, when reading from the registry.
It's not a big problem tho, just thought i let you know.
gAlAX-e

ACalcutt

Post by ACalcutt »

The path was still wrong in the new version? very weird

I did the following for the google earth path
$defaultgooglepath = RegRead('HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Google\Google Earth Plus\autoupdate', 'AppPath') & '/googleearth.exe'
If $defaultgooglepath = '/googleearth.exe' And @OSArch = 'X86' Then $defaultgooglepath = 'C:/Program Files/Google/Google Earth/client/googleearth.exe'
If $defaultgooglepath = '/googleearth.exe' And @OSArch = 'X64' Then $defaultgooglepath = 'C:/Program Files (x86)/Google/Google Earth/client/googleearth.exe'
Dim $GoogleEarthExe = IniRead($settings, 'AutoKML', 'GoogleEarthExe', $defaultgooglepath)
Basically it should pull the default location from the registry, but if it doesn't exist it picks the default path based on if it is 32bit or 64bit. The only way it should have 'Program Files (x86)' is if it was manually set or it thinks you are running 64 bit or something
gAlAX-e
Contributor
Contributor

Post by gAlAX-e »

Oh, i didn't check if the google path was fixed in 10.4b2.

However, i just updated to 10.4b3 and the path is correct now :)

Tho it is strange, in the "vistumbler_settings.ini" i see the line:

GoogleEarth_EXE=C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Google Earth\client\googleearth.exe
While it is correct in the settings window.
gAlAX-e

ACalcutt

Post by ACalcutt »

The settings file thing makes sense. I canged the setting to "GoogleEarthEXE" so it didn't use the existing value. it only writes the new setting to the settings file if the user manually changes it in settings.

the setting you have is the old value. you can safely remove that if you wanted (the release version will not have that setting)