Vistumbler crash after pressing "Scan" button

cbkhoo1492006

Vistumbler crash after pressing "Scan" button

Post by cbkhoo1492006 »

Hello, does anyone know why it crash after pressing "Scan" button, a AP found sound was heard but then a dialog came out then after pressing OK on that dialog Vistumbler then close. Please I having this problem about 2 months now, though that after update it will solve but the problem still exist until now. Vistumbler work very well last time.
Vistumbler Crash.png
Vistumbler Crash.png (103.51 KiB) Viewed 13468 times
When running Autoit v3 x32 upon Vistumbler.au3 as mention on some of the post mention here. Script was running in x32. This result came out. Dialog appear after pressing "Scan" button.
Vistumbler x32.png
Vistumbler x32.png (28.5 KiB) Viewed 13468 times
When running Autoit v3 x64 upon Vistumbler.au3 as mention on some of the post mention here. Script was running in x64. This result came out. Dialog appear immediately after program loaded.
Vistumbler Crash x64.png
Vistumbler Crash x64.png (22.52 KiB) Viewed 13467 times
Forgot to mention I am using Windows 7 Ultimate with latest update Autoit v3.3.6.1 and latest Vistumber 10.1 Beta 20.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
ACalcutt
Vistumbler / TechIdiots Admin

Re: Vistumbler crash after pressing "Scan" button

Post by ACalcutt »

My initial thought on this is that for some reason the database file (in the title bar) does not exist. Can you open up a new vistumbler session and look in "%temp%/Vistumbler/" to see if the mdb file (shown in the title) exists there?

My second thought is when you are running the au3s directly you need to use 32 bit mode (which it looks like you tried). If you use 64 bit autoit it will definitely get an error since you can't work with mdb files in 64 bit mode. When you install autoit there is an option to use x64 tools, if you have that checked when you install autoit defaults to x64 mode when you run au3s.

My 3rd thought. Starting in v10.1 Beta 20 I changed the path vistumbler stores its temporary files...which includes the vistumbler mdb database files. Could you try the Vistumbler.exe from the last version before I made that change (it can be downloaded here http://vistumbler.svn.sourceforge.net/v ... vision=790 ....just overwrite the existing vistumbler.exe with this version)?

EDIT: BTW. I have tested this on Windows 7 x64 and x32, so it should work with both. Is this a EN_US edition of Windows 7 or another language?
cbkhoo1492006

Post by cbkhoo1492006 »

I use your files as suggested (overwrite the existing vistumbler.exe) version 10.1 Beta 19.2 (test version). Yeah, there are mdb files exist there but the same problem still occur.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Vistumbler\temp
temp.rar
Include all files that found in C:\Program Files (x86)\Vistumbler\temp.
(5.33 KiB) Downloaded 495 times
Include all files that found in C:\Program Files (x86)\Vistumbler\temp.

When i run autoit i ran it by right click Vistumbler.au3 and click Run Script (x86) and then after click "Scan" the dialog occur same as i run Vistumbler.exe as said in my previous post.

Click Run Script (x86) to get 32 bit execution right?

I can confirm that my windows is EN_US edition of Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 with all the latest Windows Update.
cbkhoo1492006

Post by cbkhoo1492006 »

You can try recreate my problem by set an access point or create ad-hoc network named to LLL-LS-ple@2b|ks[410]?=N913g and use Vistumbler to scan on it the Vistumbler should crash.

The access point LLL-LS-ple@2b|ks[410]?=N913g was at channel 6, so i changed my wireless adapter to use only channel 10-13 to try to skip channel 6 and viola the Vistumbler keep on running after pressing "Scan" button then successfully scan other wifi with channel 10-13.

Is the vistumbler can be crash by ssid which character /{}|\ ?
I can create the problem by simply using this ssid fdnjb@kmncf?/{}|\ and then the vistumbler crash.

Is this one of bug of the Vistumbler?

I am using Broadcom 802.11b/g (BCM4315) and Signalking (Ralink 3070).
ACalcutt

Post by ACalcutt »

Its possible that those characters are causing an issue, but I wouldn't think you would get the error your getting because of it. I'll look into it and see what I find.
ACalcutt

Post by ACalcutt »

It looks like its the | symbol that's causing the crash. The others symbols seem to be fine. I will look into why that's happening.

EDIT: now that i think about it, The mdb udf I use uses | as a delimiter.
cbkhoo1492006

Post by cbkhoo1492006 »

So how to solve this problem?
ACalcutt

Post by ACalcutt »

Try using the Vistumbler.exe I just uploaded ( http://vistumbler.svn.sourceforge.net/v ... vision=796 )

EDIT: Just to note. Vistumbler VS1 files also use "|" as a delimiter. Right now if you export to VS1 and reimport later it will not import the access point with a "|". The work around for this right now is to export to detailed CSV, which has all the same information but shouldn't suffer from the same import issue (since it uses a comma for a delimiter).

EDIT2. try this version instead http://vistumbler.svn.sourceforge.net/v ... vision=797
cbkhoo1492006

Post by cbkhoo1492006 »

Thank Acalcutt, the program now function normally and as usual.